It seems like everyone has a skin care item that they consider to be the Mecca of all products. One that I hear about a lot, and can definitely get on board with, is Niacinamide. (More commonly known as Vitamin B3!)
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is the active form of niacin, and unfortunately, is not produced by our body, so we have to obtain it in any way we can. It is found naturally in a wide variety of foods, particularly root vegetables, mushrooms, yeasts, some fruits, peanuts and seeds. However, one of my favorite ways to obtain it is by applying it topically to the skin.
The Benefits of Niacinamide
Niacinamide is a one-stop shop for all your skin-care needs. It is extremely versatile and is packed full of benefits. This is what makes it such a holy grail skin care product.
- Niacinamide is an anti-inflammatory agent, which makes it great for acne-prone skin.
- It helps your body boost its collagen production, which helps minimize the appearance of large pores and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Niacinamide helps fight cellular damage that is caused by free radicals and UV rays.
- It also helps increase our bodies’ ceramide production. This is what helps our skin stay moisturized, and keeps our skin barrier strong.
- Additionally, it can help treat Rosacea by decreasing inflammation and redness.
What to look for in Niacinamide products.
The D-Lux Medspa Medical Grade Needle Free Serum is quickly becoming a favorite Niacinamide product in everyones skin care routine. While containing a powerful copper complex, Hyaluronic Acid and the infamous Niacinamide, it is able to fight against signs of aging and improve fine lines and wrinkles in just two weeks use.
While serums and moisturizers are a favorite when it comes to Niacinamide, it is also safe to consume orally. Niacinamide has shown positive results for people that suffer with ultraviolet damage caused by sun exposure. For people that have a history with basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma, it is extremely important to start taking a daily Niacinamide vitamin (500 mg twice a day!).
Niacinamide Wrapped Up
Niacinamide is something that is offering every amazing benefit that someone could want. It reduces sensitivity and redness, reduces enlarged pores, keeps your skin moisturized and can also help in the overall growth and function of our skin cells.
We all want to keep our bodies and skin healthy and beautiful. So why not utilize all of the products that have been found to make that happen?